The One Shot Competition is open to all members of the Portland Camera Club. Entries are due by March 17, 2014.
- Submit one picture for each of the 16 categories (see below). Interpret each category however you wish. Nouns can be pluralized. For example, you could interpret #2, FENCE, as either "fence" or "fences."
- All images must have been taken after Nov 8, 2013. Images taken before Nov 8 are not allowed.
- Images may be shot in RAW or JPG. If the image was shot in RAW, it must be converted to JPG. All submissions must be JPGs.
- Images can be modified in Photoshop or another image editor as follows:
||Cropping, saturation, lightening or darkening, and sharpening.
It's okay to use layers to do these changes if you want.
||Cloning, healing, multiple captures, or any form of copying and pasting. The content of the original images should not be changed. For example, moving a tree from the right side of the image to the left is not allowed. Nor is cloning out a branch or pasting in a new sky.
- Image size: use the same rules as our digital competitions: 1400 px max width, 1050 px max height.
- Name each image file with the category number, your name, and the image title. For example, category no. 3 is "BLUE," so a member named Ansel Adams would name his file 03-ansel-adams-bowl-of-blueberries.jpg.
- Put your entries on a flash drive (thumb drive) or a CD, and give it to George Sergeant or John Bald. The deadline for entries is March 17th.
- For the category TITLE SLIDE, the picture will be judged and must clearly identify you, the photographer. For example, you could shoot a self-portrait for TITLE SLIDE.
- You do not need to have an image for every category (there are 16). If you've only got, say, 12 entries, go ahead and enter!
Unlike in previous years, you do not need to enter a sheet of categories. Your JPG file will indicate the category number, your name, and the image title.
The images will all be shown at the meeting on March 24, 2014 (always a fun meeting!). Judging will be done by 6 non-participating club members (3 to prejudge half of the images, and 3 to judge the other half). The judges will pick a winner for each of the 16 categories. The winners will have a chance to become millionaires....
Any questions: please see George Sergeant at a PCC meeting, or email George at email@example.com.
2014 One Shot Categories
- TITLE SLIDE
- BY THE SEA
- IN THE SKY
- AGAINST THE RULES