Monday Apr 25 7 PM: Your Image, Your Vision
Bring an IMAGE you really LOVE to the meeting (on a thumb drive, if you use a PC make sure the thumb drive is formatted for both PC and Mac, fat 32).
- Be prepared to explain the story behind the image.
- How you came to create it.
- Describe your Vision for the image and when did it emerge.
- Tell us about your creative process.
- Explain where you feel that you hit or missed the mark.
- Tell us why you LOVE this image (this is the most important item!)
The audience can ask questions and make supportive comments. The audience will NOT discuss the technical aspects of the image or ask technical questions and most importantly, refrain from giving advice or explaining how they themselves would have created this image.
In a sense this will be a “show and tell” that focuses on what the person intended and how the person feels about the work, rather than what others think or would have done.
This idea comes from Cole Thompson. His philosophy is that he does not ever critique another person's image. Why? Because his opinion, no matter how well intentioned or experienced, is bound to miss the mark. Why? Because his advice comes from his point of view, Vision and definition of success. Read more here, here or at Cole Thompson's website.